Flashback week - Making Cootie Catchers!

Hey guys! So I'm going to do one of these weeks every now and then - a flash back week. It'll basically be something that I haven't done in awhile, that I did when I was younger, so it's like it's 'new'. And it'll also be something that I think other people probably also did when they were younger. Also, I'm so so so sorry I didn't post on Sunday as usual...but anyways. ON WITH THE POST!

I don't know about you guys, but when I was younger I absolutely loved making what we called 'cootie catchers' or 'fortune tellers'. I don't know what it was about them, maybe it was the fact that such a cool contraption was made of a simple piece of paper, or maybe I just liked controlling other people's future. But I always really enjoyed creating them. So for this week, I decided to make a few and try them out, sharing my experience and fun with you guys. To make one, you can either print off a template or make your own! You make them out of a square piece of paper, but really, you can make them out of anything...I've even made one out of a paper napkin before! I mean, it is paper. Now, I'm not going to list all the folding instructions here...if you google 'how to fold a cootie catcher' it should show up on the search page, it did for me at least. Once you've folded it, picked your colours and numbers, the fun begins! I loved doing these as fortune tellers when I was younger. I'd come up with the weirdest fortunes, and not all of them were good...I remember one being: 'Death by angry monkeys' or something similar. I certainly had a vivid imagination! Also, you can make them for anything. If you need to study, instead of cue cards make these with test questions that you need to know! That would be one fun way of studying. I even did one once for all my piano songs and scales, putting them in place of the fortunes. That was a good way to mix it up, and fun too!

So give it a try! Let me know how you are using/used cootie catchers! Let's see how many different and creative uses we can come up with. As well, feel free to leave a comment on any experiences you had with cootie catchers/fortune tellers, or anything you'd like me to try in the future. Until next time!

~Iris :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

Welcome!