my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

 


Hello! Long time no see, haha oops. It's been a minute. So today, I wanted to do a mini recap on my fave shows so far since quarantine! I'm sure I'm not alone in watching significantly more netflix since quarantine began lol. However, I wanted to give it a bit of a twist. So without further ado, I give you my quarantine thus far, as told through TV shows.

Friends/The Goodwife - March/April/May

Okay this is back when quarantine first began. My life consisted of watching Friends, doing schoolwork, procrastinating, doing more schoolwork, watching the Goodwife, and studying for exams. I can't actually remember which one I watched first - I think I watched them together. Luckily by this time there wasn't too much schoolwork left haha. But I watched all of both these shows those 3 months...I was a bit obsessed if you can't tell. But the episodes for friends were only 20ish minutes long! I would 100% recommend both of these shows though, amazing pieces of work. 10/10 for them both!

Downton Abbey - May

I've seen this show already, however there was a little bit of time there in quarantine where for some reason I just became obsessed with rewatching Downton! It's definitely one of my favourite shows in general, but I found out it was on Amazon Prime and watched it for a week or two pretty much constantly in between my work lol.

Suits - May/June/July

After I finished Friends/my Downton rewatch, this is the show I picked up next. I loved this show, and I remember many mornings sat watching it while drinking my coffee. It kind of became my morning routine if I'm honest, and I especially loved their morning scenes cause they were drinking coffee at the same time I was! It's the little things, really. I would give this a solid 8/10 - if I were watching during any other time and for any other reason I might have given it less, just cause it gets a bit repetitive by the end. However, because it was part of my morning routine, I actually kinda appreciated that repetitiveness hahaha. So take that how you will. 

Dynasty - July

After Suits, I needed another show to keep up my morning routine! I'd seen a few commercials for this one and a few compilations on YouTube and it honestly looked pretty good. So I started on it, and I really liked it. I will say this: it's dramatic as heck, but the characters for the most part aren't likeable per se, like you don't exactly root for or feel bad for most of them because they kind of bring a lot of it onto themselves (except Anders he was amazing and really held that family together tbh). So in that way, it's actually very light watching. And idk, seeing their morning routines as well was enjoyable as I was going through mine haha. I'm really sensing a theme with the shows I watch here. I would rate this one a solid 9/10! I loved it, and it was really good for what it was. I'm excited for the next season!!

The Babysitter's Club - July (literally two days oops)

I grew up on this book series and so was so excited to hear that it was being turned into a TV show :D. It did NOT disappoint - I loved it. It was more of a nostalgia watch for me if I'm being honest though, like if you hadn't read the books and/or don't generally enjoy TV shows for 11-13 year olds this may not be for you...but personally, I really enjoyed it, and like I said earlier, I literally finished it within two days hehe. It's not very long, like 6 or so episodes, but I would definitely rate it a 10/10 for me!

A Discovery of Witches - July

OH my goodness. I loved this show SO much. It has one of my favourite actors, Matthew Goodman (he's in Downton as well!!!), as the main role, the scenery is awesome (Oxford is gorgeous!!) and is just an overall great show. I would 12/10 recommend...and apparently there's a book series too??? I finished this show pretty quickly as well tbh hahaha. Loved it though.

Community - July/August

I started this one after A Discovery of Witches, and found it hilarious! I stopped watching it after awhile and will probably pick it up again at some point, but what I did watch was awesome and I would 9/10 recommend

New Girl - August/September

I have been watching this one since about a few weeks ago, and oh my goodness it's so good. I started it a couple years ago but I won't lie, it got a little cringey at one point so I kinda stopped haha. But I picked it up again this summer and it's one of my fave shows by FAR. The characters are all hilarious and all well written I find, even though Jess is technically the main character it kinda feels like they all are tbh, they each have their own in-depth back stories and lives which is kinda cool. If you're looking for some light, comedic, enjoyable TV, then I would highly recommend this show. Still watching it, on season 6 (so almost done D:) but would give it an 11/10 for me!


That's all from me today folks! I hope you enjoyed the post, and maybe found something new to watch! Have you seen any of these? What's your fave show? Let me know in the comments or on insta (@getupandoutblog)! I'm going to go attempt to be productive for a little bit, try and get some reading done haha. Hope you all have a wonderful day and week! <3


Comments

  1. Hi! What software do you use to edit your photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I use a mix of the Apple photos app and Instagram usually :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, as I read and love all of them :) Just be sure to keep it positive, as this is a positive space on the internet!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

Things That Make Me Happy