In My Thoughts - Sarahah

HELLOOOO!! How are you all? Okay so recently, this app, or website, Sarahah, has been going viral. I keep seeing snapstories of people linking them, and around the internet people responding to them, so I finally decided to look at it and see what it was. NO, I did not get one. I just looked it up on google haha.

For those who don't know, Sarahah is this anonymous messaging app where, in their words, you can, at work, "enhance your areas of strength" and "strengthen areas for improvement" with feedback from your coworkers, and you can, in terms of friendship, "improve your friendship by discovering your strengths and areas for improvement" and "let your friends be honest with you".

Now, see, here's my issue with that. WHY on EARTH do we need an anonymous messaging app to be honest????? Can't we just say what we want to say to people's faces? If you can't say something to someone's face, why is it okay to hide behind a screen and say it?

Honestly, I don't get the point. Sure, yes, some people are nice on it so I can see how it would be nice to receive some nice messages, even anonymously. But even those!! For me at least, it would mean so much more coming from the person themselves.

Here's an example. Pretend you received these messages:

anonymous user: omg you are so sweet, I actually love you <3

person you don't really talk to, but interact with every now and then, and you think is pretty nice: omg you are so sweet, I actually love you <3

Which one is going to mean more?? They might be from the same person, but I'm willing to bet the second one meant more, since you knew who it was coming from. SO WHY DO WE DOOOO THIS????

Okay I feel like I'm just going to repeat myself if I go further, since I've made my point, so I'll just conclude here.

MY CONCLUSION/OPINION: Stop being cowards, people. Be honest, by all means. But don't do it anonymously. If you can't say it to their face, then you shouldn't say it at all. BOOM. BAM. Problem solved. And unnecessary hate is rude and uncalled for. Instead of worrying about what others are doing, worry about why you are worried about what they're doing :)

Anywaysss that's it for this post guys!!! Hope you are all having a lovely week/day/summer/winter/life!!!!!!!

Do you have sarahah? What are your thoughts on this topic? Comment your thoughts, let's have a discussion :)))

Till next time!

~Iris


Comments

  1. Hey Iris! First things first, Sarahah sounds like an app for introverts who perhaps cannot create a conversation with a person or find difficulty in doing so. Unless you are perhaps an introvert, I personally feel the app doesn't work to your advantage. I feel like they should've delineated this before so people who check it out or actually USE it know what the purpose is as well as who's supposed to use it. Anyways, I'm also commenting to say congratulations, I've nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award!! To smoother out all the rules of the award as well as the questions you may have, check out the link below:

    http://bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/overdue-baking-post-2017-no15-mystery.html

    Have a good day and I'm looking forward to your post!😀😊

    #sweetreats xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Could be. I could see how it would be useful in that circumstance.

      And oh, thank you so much!! Means a lot :) I will check it out.

      ~Iris xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, as I read and love all of them :) Just be sure to keep it positive, as this is a positive space on the internet!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

School Supplies Haul/School Essentials!