Book Review - Love & Gelato

Hey guys! Happy Sunday :)) So today, I am back, with a book review! This one is called "Love & Gelato" by Jenna Evans Welch. Let's get into it :)



First off, I loved it, and would totally recommend it. It was one of the books I stayed up half the night to finish, and loved pretty much every moment of it. I'll try and briefly tell you about it without giving too, too much away (BUT MAY CONTAIN SPOILER ALERTS...just warning ya...) -

It's essentially about this girl (Lina, short for Carolina) who's mother recently passed away from cancer. She's never known her father...until now. She finds out that her father lives in Tuscany, and her grandmother sends her to live with him. She thinks she'll be miserable there...but then she meets Ren (short for Lorenzo). They become best friends, basically. And then she is given her mother's journal, from when she was in Italy, and they begin to uncover some pretty big secrets (read it to find out what!).

One thing I really loved about this story was that it wasn't your typical romance. I mean, Ren has a girlfriend and Lina meets this other guy who's really attractive and nice and who she really likes. But stuff happens. And **SPOILER** they (Ren and Lina) eventually end up together. But it doesn't happen until literally the last few pages. So it reflects real life much more than a typical romantic story would, and I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

Some lessons that I learned from the book were to 1) never take anything - or anyone - for granted, and to 2) always look for the bright side to ANY situation, because there is always, always a silver lining.

AAND that's a wrap. Hope you guys enjoyed this book review :)

Have you read/are planning to read this book? Do you have any other book recommendations? Let me know in the comments! 

Have an amazing day, guys, love you all!! You can conquer today. Work hard, do your thing, and be your wonderful selves <3 

Till next time!

~Iris xoxo

Comments

  1. Great post dear

    Would you like follow each other? :)
    http://panidomubloguje.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the front cover-it reminds me of those pretty postcards you buy for 70p in Paperchase. Also, Ren +Lina= RINA!😂😂 This book sounds nice and I particularly like how it's set in Italy!😃❤❤

    #sweetreats xxx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. And yes omg true! I didn't even notice that. And hahaha that is very true lol. Yes, I would totally recommend it, and it being set in Italy was a nice bonus :)

      ~Iris xoxo

      Delete
  3. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this fantastic blog!
    I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS
    feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates
    and will share this blog with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much, that means a lot :))

      ~Iris xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, as I read and love all of them :) Just be sure to keep it positive, as this is a positive space on the internet!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

School Supplies Haul/School Essentials!