New York City Trip + Blogging Break :(

Hey guys. So, as I'm sure you have noticed, I have been missing from the blogging world for about a month now...and for that, I am very sorry.

Now this is usually when I'd say "but now, that's not going to happen, I'm in it to win it!"

And I really, truly wish I could say that. I do. I love this blog so much, and writing for it makes me so happy and excited. However, I have had to prioritize.

Right now is a really important time for me with coursework, and it is extremely important that I do as well as I possibly can...and I don't want to just whip up random posts that aren't even good, just for the sake of posting.

And so it is with a heavy heart that I say...I'm going to be taking a break from the world of blogging/wattpad for awhile. I'll probably be back over the Christmas holidays, because I'll have time then, and I'll reassess at that point whether I have time to do more in the New Year. My hope is that I will, but I won't know till the time comes.

In the meantime, it means I won't be as active. I may pop onto twitter or instagram every now and then, and if you dm me on there I will most likely answer, but I do want to warn you in advance that I probably won't be very active on there either.

NOW. I don't want to just post about that, cause that's no fun. So, for this last post for a bit, I shall tell you all about my recent trip to New York City :))))) First, for a few pics.







I went last weekend, and OMG. It was honestly one of the best trips ever. I loved New York so much. It was a music based trip, so we went to see a bunch of concerts and music related things.

The first night, we got there around 4, and had time to chill in our rooms, unpack, unwind, and get ready (about an hour and a bit). I roomed with one of my best friends, and another girl whom I didn't really know but definitely got to know more during the trip. It was SO much fun, rooming with them both. Then, we had dinner. We went to the Shake Shack...not sure if any of you guys have been there, but it was really good! I loved the milkshakes. And it reminded me so much of Riverdale, when all my friends and I were sitting at a table by the window drinking milkshakes and chatting OMG. It was pretty darn cool :)

After that, we went to see a jazz concert. That was very cool. To be perfectly honest, I would have appreciated it much more had I not been exhausted though...at one point another one of my best friends and I looked at each other and we were like "if they play a slow jazz song...we're done for." The room was dark, warm, and then add a slow jazz song to the mix...of course, they played one, and it was all I could do to stay awake. HOWEVER, I still really enjoyed it, and it was really cool to see, I just wish I'd been much more rested before that!

Anyways. We got back to our hotel quite late, so we basically got ready, chatted for a bit, and went to bed. We got up the next morning at 7:00am (ouch), got ready, had breakfast, and went to go on a hop on hop off bus tour! We got off at a shopping area at one point, and looked around for a hat and mitts for two of my friends cause HOLY COW guys, it was winter. The last stop (and probably the most notable) that we got off at was Ground Zero. It was very...sobering. We went there as we would be seeing Come From Away (the broadway show) two days later, so we thought it was important to see it first. I couldn't help but feel the heavy weight of it all, especially reading all those names on the sides of the memorials...it was definitely something that we needed to see. It made Come From Away a little more meaningful as well.

After, we went to get on the subway...ended up getting on the wrong one haha, so it took us a little longer to get back! But it was an adventure, and we made it back to the hotel alright. We all got changed, and then walked to our dinner place. We ate at a Turkish restaurant, and it was quite good! I quite enjoyed that :) THEN, we went to see Macklemore. I gotta say, he was really, really good. Now I've listened to his stuff before, and I really like how much of it focuses on positivity and love. And to hear it live? That was even cooler.

Then, it was back to the hotel, and right to bed. The next morning, we had free time. So, me and my friends went to see the UN headquarters, and then just sorta wandered around on the way back. Got lost on the subway on the way there, but finally found our way so s'all good! Like I said about the afternoon before...it was an adventure :) Then, we all went and saw The Play That Goes Wrong - awesome, hilarious, and yes, literally everything that could go wrong, did go wrong :D

Then, we went to another jazz concert in the evening. It was really good, and they were all so skilled. I was more awake for this one, so I enjoyed it quite a bit more. We even got to meet some of the players, which was really, really cool. It ended a bit earlier, so we walked back through Times Square and took our time. It's really bright, oh my goodness. Even at 11pm!

Then on Sunday, we went and saw the Museum of Modern Art, which I absolutely loved. We just wandered through it for an hour and a half...but oh my, I wish I'd had more time! Then, out for lunch/a bit of shopping, and then Come From Away. GUYS. I still keep listening to the soundtrack oh my GOODNESS. It was the best show I've ever seen, hands down. Then we got to eat at Stardust Diner...where the waitstaff SING! That was so much fun, and the food was good :) we did a bit more shopping, then it was bed.

Then on Monday, it was our last day. So we woke up at 7, got ready, got breakfast, and then walked to Central Park. That was honestly so much fun. I loved it. I got some great pics, and it's just a really pretty place to walk through! So that was a great way to end the trip.

Anywyas, that's it. If you ever get the chance to go to New York...take it. For sure. It was amazing.

And with that, I am signing off. This is definitely not goodbye, it's a see you soon :)

See you guys in a month or so.

Till next time!

~Iris xoxo

Comments

  1. It seems like you had a very long, exciting day in New York. Last year, like you I was in a similar position. Everything(from school life, to leisure activities to family life) flowed overboard and I became quite over-whelmed with everything and so my blog got most of the mistreatment.But at the same time, it's good to take a break and I hope you come back, fresh with amazing ideas for blog posts(as usual) and you do well with your coursework.😊

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! It was a great time. And thank you so much for understanding :)) Hopefully I will be back very soon. It's still quite busy but I really do miss blogging so I hope I can start regularly again pretty soon :)

      ~Iris xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, as I read and love all of them :) Just be sure to keep it positive, as this is a positive space on the internet!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

School Supplies Haul/School Essentials!