Lifestyle: Try a new sport (cricket)


Earlier this year, I had the chance to join a cricket team for players who were new to the game. I had never really played cricket, and I thought it would be cool. I joined the team, and it was super fun! The rules were a bit like baseball. There are 2 batters, who are on opposite sides of the pitch. One is batting, while the other gets ready to run. There’s also a bowler, who throws the ball to the batter. However, we had to learn a specific way to bowl – it involved a straight arm, which was tricky. Our throws were off at first, not going anywhere near the batter, but eventually we began to get the hang of it. Batting was also something we had to learn, and it wasn't as easy as it sounds. You have to be in a certain position, ready to block and hit as many balls as you can. There are also fielders, however, the majority of our practices were spent on how to bat and bowl. We practiced every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. The times weren't always specific, sometimes he'd keep us longer, sometimes later. We played one game, however, the people we played were MUCH more experienced than us - we'd been playing for 2 or 3 weeks, some of them had been playing for around a year. Needless to say, we lost that game, but the point was that we had fun, and gave it our best shot.

If you are considering joining a cricket team, I'd highly suggest it. It was very fun, and I am hoping to play again next year - except this time, with more experience. Let me know whether or not you've played in the comments - if you have any questions about the game before you try it I'll try my best to answer...I have only played a season, you know. But feel free to leave questions or comments below, and any suggestions for something else new that I could try. Until next time!

~Iris :)

Comments

  1. This is a great post!

    I've never played cricket myself but I really like the concept of trying a new sport and going up against people who are more experienced! It's so brave but you always have fun!!

    When i was around 13 years old, I had begun doing dance just as a past time but by the next year I chose to fully immerse myself in it and start competing. I had to face girls who had danced their whole lives when I had just danced for a year. I really had to work hard and even thought I lost sometimes I was just proud to be there!
    I'm so glad you enjoyed trying something new!
    Loved this post!

    Jade
    www.accidentallyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah, they were really good, and I kind of forgot to mention that they happened to be younger...a lot younger...so it was a little embarrassing losing that badly, but it was still really fun. It was no wonder that they'd won, since they had been playing for so much longer.

    That's really cool, about your dancing. I don't know if I'd be able to do that...going up on your own against much more experience people...at least when I was doing cricket, I had the team with me, who had basically the same amount of experience. So I'd say that was pretty brave!

    Thanks again :)

    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, as I read and love all of them :) Just be sure to keep it positive, as this is a positive space on the internet!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

School Supplies Haul/School Essentials!