Life Chats

Hello hello! Happy Sunday! So, y'know what I just realized?

I haven't done a life update/chat on my blog since DECEMBER. I've shared little bits and pieces, but it's been a few months less than a year since I have done a life update! Needless to say, a lot has changed since then! So, I thought I'd do another one for you guys today :))))


^^Posted this on my insta
last week :)))


This past week has been pretty hectic for me, as the first week of school always is. We only had quick, fifteen minute intro classes, but we had a bunch of activities that always happen during the first week or so. I was at school until late pretty much every day, and so unfortunately, I've come down with a bit of a cold :( Hopefully I will get better soon though, with tea and a few early nights :)

As I said on my insta, if you have me on there, on the first day of school, we only had to be there till early afternoon, so one of my best friends and I decided to make a day out of it and go to the bookstore after school. OMG it was amazing. We literally spent an hour and a half just looking at books, and I ended up getting 3 all for $6 or less each! I got a book called Love and Gelato, one called The Language of Stars, and The City Of Mirrors. I haven't gotten to start them yet unfortunately, due to reading for school, but hopefully I will soon!

The rest of the week was pretty fun. Had a dance/social type thing on Friday evening, and met some new people there (as well as during the day). It was super fun to just chill with my friends, and dance to some cool tunes (most of which I will admit I did not know haha). I also had field hockey tryouts! I decided to do it again this year, and luckily they are making a tier 2 team, since I don't think I'll make the competitive team...(I haven't exactly played for 2 years lol).

This summer has been great, pretty chill, and fun. I did some camp counselling in July, then visited friends and family in August. Went to a cottage. Swam lots. Relaxed. Read. Wrote. Ate. The usual :P

And now, I am actually so excited for school this year! I am taking only courses in the humanities/social sciences, aka all ones that I really, really enjoy and am passionate about, which is AWESOME. I have been reading for my english class all summer (currently reading The Great Gatsby, just finished Oryx and Crake, comment if you want book reviews!). I am pumped to learn, socialize, and even do homework again haha. Because when it's work you enjoy, it doesn't really feel like work anymore! My main goals for this year are to do my best, stay out of drama, and get more confident (with speaking up in class, doing public speaking, etc.).

Coming up this week, I find out whether I made the field hockey team, I start classes for real, and my school routine really settles. Right now, I am planning on doing a morning routine for next week. I am trying to set routines for the school year, as that was one of my September goals. So I thought I might as well post about them :) That'll be up next Sunday, hopefully! Once I've figured it out more :) Also, comment below: would you rather my routines be in video form, or in blog form? Which would you prefer to read/watch? I really appreciate your feedback :)

ANYWAYS. That's pretty much it for today! Hope you guys enjoyed this little quick life update :)

How were your summers? And are you excited to be back at school? What are your goals for this year? Comment below, and let me know!

Till next time!

~Iris xoxo

Comments

  1. Great post!
    Would you like to follow each other? If you do, let me know in the comments on my blog.
    Kisses
    www.darijadujovic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right-first week's are so busy yet they fly by at the SAME time! It feels like I only went back to school this week yet it's now been the THIRD week since the summer holidays. My summer holidays were awesome by the way. Also, if it isn't too much trouble, it would be AWESOME to see your routines in video form-that'll be really cool, as a matter of fact.

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's crazy, I can't believe how fast it's passed by. And okay cool :) I will try to get on those soon, not sure exactly when but hopefully whenever I get the chance! I will let you know when I do :)

      ~Iris xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, as I read and love all of them :) Just be sure to keep it positive, as this is a positive space on the internet!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

Welcome!