Getting a haircut!

HI! Today, I got a haircut. This may not seem very significant...but I have to start by saying this: I've been growing my hair for years now. This morning, it was halfway down my back. I love my long hair very, very much, and I hadn't gotten a haircut in about a year and a half. However, today, I did.

I went in with the intention to get only a couple inches off. I like my hair long, and I was NOT planning on changing that. So I just wanted a trim. But my hairdresser noticed that it was getting pretty bad, a lot split ends and dead hair. It was also really hard to take care of. So she suggested I take a bunch off.

I did.

It was a very hard process for me, watching all that hair which I'd spent so long growing, just fall to the ground. But I survived, and now?

My hair is at my shoulders. It does look nice still, and it's healthier, and I will come to appreciate it when I get out of my current state of shock.

I can't run my fingers through it anymore, though, like I used to. I can't do a lot of things that I used to be able to, but it'll grow back, and in the meantime, it's not the worst haircut in the world.

I need to figure out some cool hairstyles though, for short hair. I only know ones for long hair...since I used to have really long hair. If anyone knows any cool hairstyles for short hair, well, shoulder length hair, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know! I want to make the most of this haircut,since it is nice, plus I'm stuck with it for a bit, haha...so please comment any that you know? Thank you :)

Anyways, I'm going to go, so...have a great day! Oh and since I haven't posted since December...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! May 2016 be your best year yet :) Till next time!


~Iris :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

Welcome!