Saying yes and New Years Resolutions!

Hi guys! So today, I wanted to write a bit about new years resolutions (I know I'm a bit late for that, sorry!), and I'm also going to post about something new. So, recently, I read a really inspiring post by Zoella, from 2012 (yeah, I'm kind of behind the times on that :P). It's about just saying yes, and you can read it here if you want to. I wanted to write a similar post today, about just being positive, and saying yes in general.

No matter who you are, or what your outlook on life is at the moment, I believe that saying yes is a good place to start on having more positive, happy and fun experiences. You never know what opportunities might come about, and you could be missing out on quite a bit if you take the outlook that the world is out to get you, and you say no to many different opportunities.

I know people that have an extremely negative outlook on life, and I'm just going to say that it can be a bit depressing, and frankly, it can suck the life out of a room or bring down the people around you. So I'm just going to tell you one thing:

The world isn't out to get you. If you didn't do well on a test, it's not the teacher's fault. It's yours. Because you have the ability to do well on any test, as long as you put your mind to it.

With hard work and determination, you can accomplish anything. So with that in mind, I'm going to set my new years resolutions for this year! I'll write them down here so I'm more accountable, and I want you to do the same! I'll write more about that at the end of the post.

So without further ado, here are my new years resolutions! :)

1) Be more active. I finished field hockey a couple months back, and I have yet to begin another sport. This means I'm DEFINITELY not as active, which isn't very good for me, or my health. And also I've realized that, despite this blog's name, I don't actually Get Up And Out very often. So that is one of my goals. I've decided that I'll "work out" and be active somehow every two days at the very least, as I believe that this is very achievable for me. I started at the beginning of last week, and so far I've been successful!

2) Post more often on this blog. I've noticed that I tend to post, then I won't for a couple weeks, then I will again. But I really do enjoy it. So that will be another one of my resolutions. Also, I want to try and post more interesting content. I will obviously stick with still posting about trying new things, but I don't always try new things, so I want to try and make it a more interesting and positive place to visit, if you know what I mean. This is my little section of the internet, and I can do whatever I want with it, which is pretty cool to think of! So if you have any ideas for more posts, let me know in the comments! I think one thing I'll do to help myself achieve this, is get the blogger app on my phone :) I often have my phone with me, so if I have the app I can just post whenever I get inspired.

3) Do one thing a day that scares me. I recently heard a speaker talk about a topic similar to this, and it was quite inspiring. One thing he said that stood out to me especially was exactly that: to do one thing a day that scares you. He said that it was good to get out of your comfort zone, and do those things that may terrify you, or make you nervous, because it expands your comfort zone. I agree with that, so one of my resolutions will be to do one thing a day that scares me. I'll post about some on this blog!

4) Enjoy life a little bit more, and try and stop any negativity. Now, anyone who knows me would tell you that I am a very positive person. And I am! But every now and then that little negative thought slips in, like, "what if this goes completely wrong?" or "am I really ready for this test?". And then there's public speaking, which I hate with a passion. I literally shake every time I have to do something in front of a group of people, and some of the most terrifying moments of my life have been when I've had to speak or perform in front of others. But really, what's the worst that could happen? And the other part of negativity is blaming other people for my actions. For example, blaming the teacher for not giving us enough time for a test that I didn't do so well on. I want to try and stop this, and I feel like if everyone did, the world would be a much better place.

Now, I'm not going to make anymore, because I feel like having a small amount of good ones will be more achievable. Now, I have some things for you, the person currently reading this, to do once you've reached this point in the post! You don't have to, I just think it would be cool if we all did something together to start off 2016, and then we can look back at it at the end of the year and see how much we accomplished. I'm not going to do it in all posts from now on, it depends on the post, but I think it's a pretty cool idea that I saw, and a cooler way to interact with anyone reading this!! :)

#1: Set one or more goals for the upcoming year, and comment them below!
#2: If you have a blog, post something similar to this on it, and use the tag #SpreadPositivity! I'll do the same, and I think it would be really cool if a bunch of people posted something to spread positive thinking on the internet! The internet can be such a negative place sometimes, but I don't think it has to be. And we can start to change that, by making our own little sections positive places to be! So make a post about it, then comment the link to it so I can see it! That would be so cool :D
#3: Make a playlist of songs that make you happy, and listen to it whenever you're feeling down! I'll do this too, and post the songs in a separate blog post :)
#4: Comment "I am a positive person" when you've done all 3 of the above.

Wow. This was a MUCH longer blog post than usual, haha. I'm going to go now (I have stuff to do unfortunately -_-). So...till next time!

~Iris :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

School Supplies Haul/School Essentials!