The World Has Gone Crazy - But You Don't Have To

Hey peeps!! I'm late again, and I'm so sorry. Too much hw :( I'm just gunna get right into this post though. Enjoy :)

It seems like the world has gone, for lack of a better term, crazy. And it also seems like there isn't much we can do it but hope it doesn't get worse.

But we actually CAN help. Small steps add up to a lot. And that's what I want to talk about in today's post - ways you can make a difference in your own life, to better benefit the world. Not all hope is lost, guys :)

1. Stay Positive.

This may seem small, but it can make all the difference in another person's life. If you just offer them a smile, or a few encouraging words, it can be the thing that gets them through the day. There's this quote I've been loving recently: Smiles are contagious. So go out and infect everyone you can! 
I love this, because well, it's true. If someone
smiles at me, that makes me happy no matter what mood I'm in. They are contagious - but in the best way. So this is the first thing you can do. Also, for all those of ya that have snapchat, and have streaks: instead of sending a snap with "streak", include a little quote in it! I did this just cause I was in a good mood one day, and one of my friends was like "omg I love it pls do this everyday" so I was like "okay sure" and I've done it everyday since! It brightens up your day, as well as everyone else's :)

2. STOP The Gossip/Hate!

Okay, I know what you're thinking. "Iris...how the heck are we supposed to stop all hate and gossip?" That's not what I'm suggesting. But the change all starts with one person. I know I'm guilty of a little gossip every now and then, but I'm really trying to stop. Gossiping about others will get you nowhere - and neither will hating on anyone. Spread love, not hate! So here's a simple action: compliment a friend, family member, or even a random stranger, at least once a day. And next time you want to gossip or hate on someone, bite your tongue. Well, not literally, cause ouch, but just don't do it. You won't feel any better after. Now, if someone's been rude directly to you, and you want to rant about it to a close friend, that's different. But just know the difference between gossip and ranting, that's all I'm saying.

3. Use Your Voice.
You have a voice. Use it - for good. Whether that be standing up for someone in the hallways, or tweeting about a cause you're passionate about, just start speaking up! If you're passionate, it'll be fun, and you'll be helping the world at the same time. Bonus!

4. Change Your Mindset Towards Life.

This has to do with staying positive, but here's another quote I found: Having a bad attitude is like having a flat tire. You won't get very far till you change it.
Chase your dreams (also a good song - just found it on Spotify: it's called Chasing Dreams by Telehope. They're a smaller band that I discovered today and are actually really good! Moving on...). Find out what you want, and go for it head on. NOTHING is impossible. Cliché, I know, but it's so true. Surround yourself with those who will encourage you, and radiate positivity. Not only will you change your life, but you'll change the lives of those around you. You'll all be happier! Whether or not you know it, you will impact people's lives everyday. HOW you impact them is up to you. Be the kind of person that you'd love to be friends with. And most importantly, be you :)

5. Let Your Actions Speak.
What I mean by this, is it's one thing to say, "hey, don't gossip, that's not cool" but then go gossip with your friends...and another to lead by example. Don't be a hypocrite. If you're going to gossip, then don't tell others not to. Then we're not getting anywhere. If you're going to say something like, "don't complain, just work harder" don't go complaining the next minute to someone else. No one's going to follow your advice if you don't.

That's it for this post y'all! (disclaimer: I don't own the photos in this post, I just found them on google images.) What do you think? What are your opinions and ideas on this topic? Let me know in the comments below!

I know we live in a crazy world, where bad things happen, but you always have a choice: you can complain and mope about it, or you can get up and do something. I've chosen what I want to do - what's your choice?

Till next time!

~Iris xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

School Supplies Haul/School Essentials!