habit of the week - get up and go.




Good afternoon all! :) I hope you are having a great start to your week. I am back with my second habit of the week post! I’ll start with a review of last week’s habit, and then talk about my new one for this week!

Last week, I did the ‘morning workout’ habit. Honestly, that was awesome. I love starting my morning with a bit of exercise - it really sets a good tone for the day. I didn’t get as many runs in as I wanted - apparently, when you go from running about once a month to every other day your body may not react so well?? Who knew?? Oops haha. But I still did get a few runs in, which was nice.

One thing I found super useful was making at least some of the workouts fun. If it is something I am looking forward to, I am much more likely to do it. And for right now especially, when I just want to try and set the habit, I want to make sure I actually do it. Once it’s a habit it will likely be easier to mix things up or make them more difficult! For example, on one of the days, I did a Hamilton Musical dance workout I found on YouTube! That was a ton of fun. And I worked up quite a sweat doing it - I was a little surprised, if I’m honest, cause I haven’t had the best experience with dance workouts in the past. I’ve probably just been doing them wrong, or finding the wrong ones! But that one was definitely a good one. I’m going to find one like it for today too, I think. 

So, to conclude, I would DEFINITELY recommend the morning workout habit. I’m going to try and make it a proper habit for August, as I feel so much better when I’m regularly working out. Are you going to try it? Do you do it already? Any tips for keeping it up? Let me know in the comments or on insta (@getupandoutblog)!

__________________

In other news, this week’s habit! I am calling it ‘get up and go’. Basically, I spend too much time on my phone every morning, and it wastes time I don’t want to waste! So, I am going to try and make my bed and go downstairs first thing every morning. To keep myself accountable I’m going to share a picture on my instagram story of my made bed every morning, starting tomorrow, and then my breakfast. If I can turn this into a real habit, I think I would be so much more productive, and it would probably help my workout habit too! 

I’ll be back next Tuesday to let you all know how it went. My fingers are crossed, I think this could be really good. What habits are you hoping to start? Any ideas for new habits? Let me know in the comments!

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I’ll see you on Sunday for a new post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A + tag

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

Welcome!